𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐃𝐚𝐡𝐢 𝐕𝐚𝐝𝐚! Tweak the classic recipe to make it more healthy with this lip-smacking 𝐌𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐃𝐚𝐥 𝐃𝐚𝐡𝐢 𝐕𝐚𝐝𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐩𝐞.🤤
Crispy vadas soaked in spiced curd, garnished with sweet and tangy tamarind-date chutney is undeniably a treat for the taste buds. This sweet and savoury dish is best served chilled as a snack or as a side in a meal.😋
Nutri-Blend Range – https://bit.ly/2T170T2
Granite Non-stick Cookware Range – https://bit.ly/3cOsFo2
Prep time: 4-5 hours of soaking
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
Serves: 4-5 people
For moong dal vada
• Soaked Yellow moong dal 1.5 cups (whole or split)
• Ginger 1 inch
• Water as required
• Green chilies 3-4
• Fresh curry leaves 7-8
• Salt to taste
• Baking soda 1/2 tsp
• Oil for frying
- Transfer the soaked moong dal in a grinding jar, along with it add ginger, curry leaves, green chilies, hing, salt and grind into a coarse paste. Add very little water if required, while grinding. The consistency should neither be too fine nor too coarse.
- Transfer it to a mixing bowl.
- Set oil in a wok on medium high heat for frying.
- Leave the vadas for the first few seconds to form its shape and further low down the heat and fry the vadas on medium heat until they are crisp and golden brown.
• Curd mixture:
1. Chilled Curd 4 cups
2. Powdered sugar 1/4th cup
3. Black salt ½ tsp
• Bhuna jeera powder
• Laal Mirch powder
• Gud imli ki chutney
• Pudina ki chutney
• Pomegranate seeds
- Before plating, make the curd mixture and keep it ready, simply just add the curd in the sieve and further add its remaining ingredients and pass it through the sieve, keep it aside in the fridge until used in serving.
- Place the soaked and squeezed vada on the serving plate, top it with the curd mixture, and the remaining ingredients. Refrigerate until you serve them.