Here is an Onam Special recipe for Kerala Pal Payasam, a traditional Indian dessert. This milk-based pudding is a real treat for your tastebud!
An exotic blend of Kerala matta rice, milk and sugar that is flavoured with cardamom and garnished with pistachio. Creamy, rich and satisfying; you will cherish every bite!
Best cooked in Wonderchef cookware – https://bit.ly/3enpEe6
• 1/8 cup Kerala matta rice
• 4 cups milk (full-fat milk)
• 1 cup sugar
• 1/4 tsp cardamom powder optional
- Grind-washed Kerala rice coarsely.
- Heat 4 cups of milk in a casserole and bring it to a boil.
- Keep stirring to avoid burning.
- Add Kerala matta rice.
- Cook until the rice is mushy and completely cooked.
- Add sugar.
- Add cardamom powder and cook until it’s thick and creamy.
- Pal payasam is ready to be relished.