We all know the saying, “breakfast is the most important meal of the day.” And yet, so many of us working professionals forego this crucial meal due to our busy schedules. If you’re looking for some quick and easy breakfast recipes that will help you start your day off right, look no further. Here, we will share five simple breakfast recipes you can make in no time. These recipes will help you fuel your body and mind so that you can take on the day with ease.
Tips for meal-prepping breakfast
If you’re looking for ways to make your mornings more efficient, meal-prepping breakfast is a great option. By taking some time to prep, you can ensure you have a healthy and delicious breakfast ready to go when needed. Here are some tips for meal prepping breakfast:
- Choose recipes that can be made ahead of time. Some of our favourites include overnight oats, chia pudding, and smoothie bowls.
- Invest in some suitable storage containers. This will make it easy to grab your breakfast and go.
- Meal prep in batches. Make enough for several days or weeks so you don’t have to do it daily.
- Get creative with your toppings and add-ins. This is where you can customise your breakfast to your taste buds.
- Plan ahead and be prepared for busy mornings. If you know, you won’t have time to eat before work, pack your breakfast with you or make something the night before that’s easy to grab and go.
Easy Breakfast Recipies
Here are some easy breakfast recipes you can make in a jiffy.
1. Boiled egg sandwich
A healthy diet is incomplete without the proper intake of protein. Eggs are often synonymous with breakfast. They are both delicious and packed with proteins, making them perfect for a quick, guilt-free meal. While scrambled eggs are mostly used for making a sandwich, you can also make a sandwich using boiled eggs.
Here is how you can make a boiled egg sandwich and jumpstart your day:
- Buy a fresh loaf of bread. You can choose whole-grain bread if you are looking to shed your extra weight and want to load up on fibre.
- Opt for egg boilers to save time in the morning. They are quick and hassle-free, whether you are rushing for a Monday morning presentation or networking event with potential clients.
- Slice tomatoes and avocados and season it with a pinch of salt and a dash of pepper.
- Heat a pan. Meanwhile, spread a tablespoon of butter. Place the bread on the pan.
- Layer up the bread with slices of boiled eggs, tomatoes and avocado. Place a piece of cheese on it and close the layer with another bread slice.
- Heat it for a few seconds and turn it upside down. Let it heat on the pan for another couple of seconds, and your tasty breakfast is ready to eat!
- You can add only the avocadoes with appropriate seasoning if you dislike tomatoes.
2. Soup to the rescue
Yes, you read that right. Wholesome soup is a great breakfast dish to start your day. It is refreshing as well as nutritious. Although you can prepare soups in a traditional method, a Soup maker will make the process easy and convenient. Let us show you how to make nutritious soup:
- Make sure that you understand the prerequisites of using a soup maker.
- Add chopped tomatoes, onions, olives, celery, and peas to the soup maker.
- Add vermicelli to increase the consistency of the soup. Ensure you add the necessary seasoning to it.
- Choose the appropriate program listed in the soup maker, and your nutritious hot soup is ready.
- Add chopped coriander and olives to garnish the soup.
3. Love for Khichdi
Khichdi tops the list of the go-to comfort food that you can rely on at any time. To save time in your busy schedule, you can choose to cook in Nutri pot that has pre-programmed options to optimise your morning hours. All you have to do is to:
- Soak the rice and chana dal, and lentils overnight.
- Chop all the required vegetables like tomatoes, carrots, onions, beans and cauliflower.
- You can also add peas or corn, depending on your preference.
- Turn on the Nutri pot and add garlic, ginger and cumin.
- Use the Nutri pot to saute the vegetables in ghee.
- Add required salt, turmeric and chilli powder.
- Mix the soaked dal in the Nutri pot.
- Add the required water to it and close the lid
- Turn on the khichdi program, and the rest is taken care of.
Feel your mother’s love in the nutritious Khichdi!
4. Nourishing smoothies
Smoothies come in all varieties, as they can be made with any of your favourite fruit. Not just that, it has natural sugar, vitamins and minerals. It is power-packed with nutritious ingredients and caters to all age groups. Here is how you can prepare your smoothie:
- Choose one of your favourite fruit and slice it into small pieces. You can also opt for a combination of fruits like banana-berry and avocado-mango smoothies.
- Add half a cup of yoghurt and half a cup of milk.
- Add a tablespoon of vanilla essence to the mixture.
- Now, add the sliced fruits into a blender and turn it on. Make sure that the smoothie’s consistency is fine and that you don’t have lumps. If you like the taste of the lumps of fruits, then you blend the smoothie accordingly.
- Sometimes, oats are also added to enhance the thickness and nutrient value.
- Once you have blended the mixture, the smoothie is ready to consume.
Start your day fresh and healthy!
5. Fluffy ragi idlis
True to the saying ‘Simplicity is the best’, ragi idlis are the most basic yet power-packed breakfast dish. Ragi is an ideal ingredient for increasing the fibre content in your diet, thereby helping in weight loss. Soak in the goodness of fluffy ragi idlis before you step out for a big meeting, and let your nutrition be taken care of while you charge up the boardroom. Here’s how you can prepare this powerful breakfast dish:
- Soak one bowl of rice, urad dal and a small cup of fenugreek in water overnight.
- Grind the urad dal and fenugreek and ensure a fine texture.
- Next, grind the soaked rice separately and mix it with the mixture from the above step.
- Add one cup of ragi flour and sufficient water, if needed, to maintain the right consistency.
- Cover the batter and leave it untouched overnight to allow the batter to ferment. You will get a fluffy batter the next day.
- Add salt to the idli batter.
- Take the idli mould and grease it with oil. Later add the batter to the mould and leave it in the cooker/steamer.
- Typically, the idlis take about 15-20 minutes to cook.
Steaming hot idlis is ready to be consumed with flavourful chutney!
We hope you enjoyed these five simple breakfast recipes for working professionals. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so it’s important to ensure you’re starting your day off right with a nutritious and delicious meal. These recipes are quick and easy to make, so you won’t have to spend much time in the kitchen