Fasting is another word for feasting! 😉
Savour delectable Vrat wale Aloo Puri cooked with Crispy potatoes, crunchy peanuts and fresh herbs (no onion, garlic), served with piping hot Rajgira Puris. It’s easy to cook with almost no prep time and hence the perfect recipe for Navratri fasting when you’re low on energy.😋
Suggestion: Substitute table salt with rock salt (sendhav namak) in the recipe if needed.
For Aloo Sabzi
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 10-15 Curry Leaves
- 7 Green Chillies (chopped)
- 5 Potatoes (boiled & diced)
- 3/4 cup Peanut (roasted & grounded)
- Rock Salt 2 tsp
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 Lime Juice
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1/4 cup Coriander Leaves
- 2 cup Amaranth flour
- 1/2 tsp Rock Salt
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- 1 tsp Oil
- Let’s start with heating up the Oil in the Pan then add Cumin Seeds, Curry Leaves, Green Chillies (chopped), Potatoes (boiled & diced).
- Next, let it cook for 2 minutes then add Peanut (roasted & grounded), Rock Salt, Sugar mix it all together and add Lime Juice, Water & Coriander Leaves turn off the flame and keep it aside.
- Now, let’s the dough for the Puri for which add Amaranth flour in the bowl with Rock Salt, Red Chilli Powder, Coriander Leaves (chopped).
- Next, mix all the ingredients together then add water and make a perfect dough and add Oil.
- Now keep resting for 5 minutes, after 5 minutes start rolling the dough take a small portion of the dough and make the ball shape (as shown in the video).
- Using the Rolling Pin, roll the Sheet with light pressure then add the Sheet in the hot oil for frying.
- The same way does the rest of the balls.
- Next, your Sharvan special Rajgira Puri with Sukha aloo sabzi is ready to serve