Dinnerware is the main attraction of the dining table. It is much more than crockery for serving food. It enhances the dining experience and expresses your personal style. It is essential to choose the perfect dinnerware for formal dinners, elegant dinner parties, and day-to-day pieces for everyday use. It is essential to incorporate your style while choosing the dinnerware.
Types Of Dinnerware
When shopping for dinnerware, there are various materials to choose from, like earthenware, Teramo, Roma, Como, and Sicilia. Learning about the many types of dinnerware will help you choose the right set for your table. Below are different types of dinnerware.
- Bone China Dinnerware: If you are looking for dinnerware that is both strong and elegant then bone china dinnerware is perfect for you. It is known for its thin, delicate structure. Its semi-translucent appearance makes it attractive and stylish and complements any dining room. Bone china dinnerware is microwave and dishwasher-safe.
- Porcelain Dinnerware: This kind of dinnerware is very durable. Porcelain dinnerwares are beak-resistant and can be conveniently washed in dishwashers. It is microwave safe. They work as formal dinnerware due to their refined style.
- Stoneware Dinnerware: Stoneware is perfect for casual dining and comes in various stylish options. Stoneware dinnerwares are chip-resistant. Stoneware can be put in the dishwasher, although hand washing is advised.
- Earthware Dinnerware: It is one of the most affordable yet stylish dinnerware. The construction of earthware dinnerware is more porous than other types of dinnerware; therefore, it is sealed and strengthened with waterproof glaze. It is a casual dinnerware perfect for everyday use. It is sturdy as compared to other materials.
- Melamine Dinnerware: They are made from highly durable resin. Melamine dinnerwares are versatile options for any occasion. It is chip resistant and break-resistant. They come in a variety of colours and patterns, making it simple to choose the ideal look for you.
- Vitrified Glass Dinnerware: They have been fired at an ultra-high temperature so that it is non-porous and highly durable. It is chip-resistant and break-resistant, and it will last you for years. Vitrified glass dinnerware is safe to use in the dishwasher and microwave.
Below are different ranges of dinnerware that you can invest in for everyday use or various occasions.
- Teramo: Inspired by Earth’s tone, resembling the landscape of the beautiful valley city of Italy, Teramo. Wonderchef Teramo dinnerware is of the highest quality and is free of chemicals and heavy metals.
- Amalfiee: The various colour gradient of the night sky is depicted in Wonderchef Amalfiee cookware. This type of cookware is inspired by the beautiful night sky.
- Venice: This range of dinnerware is inspired by the Venice Melamine Dinnerware collection and resembles pottery from medieval times. It is the most loved choice of many for special occasions.
- Hitkari: It has always been known for innovative designs and quality standards. Wonderchef Hitkari Dinnerware is made of ceramic and has always been produced with the latest equipment and technology.
Selecting Perfect Dinnerware
Now you know the different types of dinnerware, it’s time to consider the different options. Before selecting the perfect dinnerware, make sure to consider the following points.
- Formal dinnerwares have multiple pieces that one would need at the table. Formal dinnerware is perfect for individuals or couples building their collections. Most formal dinnerware includes five pieces, i.e. dinner plate, salad or dessert plate, bread plate, teacup and saucer; some sets might also include soup cups.
- Dinnerware sets include multiple place settings for the whole table. The most common sets are 20-piece sets, perfect for a small get-together. They include a dinner plate, salad or dessert plate, bread plate, teacup and saucer for each setting.
- Open stock is dinnerware sold piece by piece. This is ideal for anyone who needs only a few pieces or someone who wants to mix and match them within a collection.
- Most experts recommend having an 8-12 five-piece place setting to ensure you have enough dinnerware for general use. Though it completely depends on the size of your family and how often you have get-togethers.
Caring For Dinnerware
It is essential to check the manufacturer’s instructions for your type of dinnerware. Some formal dinnerwares should be hand-washed and hand-dried instead of cleaning them in a dishwasher. Those dinnerware with metal incorporated in their designs should be prevented from using them in a microwave. Below are a few tips to keep your dinnerware set looking great for longer.
- Soaking dinnerware in white vinegar for two to three minutes before rinsing and towel drying helps remove hard water spots on dinnerware.
- Rub a baking soda paste and water over the area before rinsing and drying to remove coffee stains from cups and fork marks on plates.
- Place a piece of felt between each piece of fine china and other formal dinnerware while not in use to protect it from scratches and keep it safe for a long time.