Lemon Rice is a brilliant low-calorie dish to have to mitigate hunger without having something too heavy. It is a light, fluffy delicacy that always fills your stomach without going overboard with it. Lemon rice is usually made with regular rice, but this version of lemon rice, puffed lemon rice is nutritious, simple to make, and easy to enjoy.
Read below for an easy-to-understand step-by-step recipe for Puffed Lemon Rice.
- 1 cup of puffed rice
- ½ a cup of curry leaves (kadi patta)
- ¼ cup of carom seeds (ajwain)
- ¼ cup of chopped green chilies
- ½ a cup of peanuts
- Red chili powder (laal mirch)
- Salt as per taste
Wonderchef Products Used:
Wonderchef Caesar Non-Stick Wok is perfect to make rice and noodle-based dishes. It does not let any food stick to the base and can be used optimally to make a large amount of rice-based dishes in the best possible manner.
- Step 1: Add ghee, ajwain, kadi patta, chopped green chili, and peanuts onto the stove-lit wok.
- Step 2: Now add haldi, red chili powder, and salt to the mixture.
- Step 3: Add puffed rice to the wok and thoroughly mix the dish. Make sure that is mixed fully. You will know for sure when all of the rice has the yellow hue lemon rice is famous for. Serve the dish hot, and with lemon squeezed onto it once plated.
Watch the video above for the recipe from Mrs. Smriti Goel.