Gulab Jamun is the ultimate sweet dish, made for everyone and anyone to enjoy. A dessert that goes well for every occasion. This version of the iconic recipe removes a lot of the oil so one can have multiple servings of it without skipping out on its taste.
Read on to be able to make this much healthier version of no fry gulab jamun.
- 1 cup milk powder
- 3 Tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- ½ a tablespoon of sooji
- 1 cup milk
- ½ a teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1.5 cups of sugar
- Pinch of saffron
Wonderchef Products Used:
The Wonderchef Appa Kara is perfect for individually cooking all of the gulab jamun balls evenly and without cooking too much on one side.
- Step 1: Add the milk, sooji, all-purpose flour, baking soda, and ghee into one bowl. Mix all of the ingredients uniformly. Make sure to add the milk last, and mix it slowly to make a dough out of the mixture. Now cover the dough to prevent drying for 15-20 minutes.
- Step 2: Make small balls out of the dough, and make sure to use as much dough as needed.
- Step 3: Add the Wonderchef Appa Kara to the stove, and add ghee to it while the stove is lit.
- Step 4: Add the gulab jamun balls to the Appakaras. Flip them regularly to cook them evenly.
- Step 5: In a separate kadhai, add the sugar, water, and saffron in there. Mix them while boiling to make the sugar syrup for the gulab jamun.
- Step 6: Once the Gulab Jamun is cooked evenly, add it to the sugar syrup, and let them simmer for some time together. Serve the dessert hot and sweet.
Watch the video above to see an immersive rendition of the recipe by Mrs. Smriti Goel.