Aloo fry is a dish that is made in almost every Indian family. A perfect easy-to-make lunch or dinner for the family, aloo fry is nonetheless a dish everyone loves to eat. The dish is a simple to cook recipe that satisfies all taste buds. This specific version of the recipe is made to ensure nutrition and taste needs are perfectly met.
Read on for a simple and quick way to make delicious aloo fry.
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds (jeera seeds)
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- ½ a cup curry Leaves
- 3 dried red chilies
- 1 spoon turmeric (haldi)
- 1 spoon of coriander powder (dhaniya powder)
- Boiled and peeled potatoes, as per quantity necessary
- Salt as per taste
- Cut green chilies
- Grated ginger
- 1 spoon dry mango powder (amchur powder)
- Oil as necessary
Wonderchef Products Used:
The Nigella 3-Ply Stainless Steel Kadhai is perfect for making this dish, as its non-stick nature makes sure the fry does not stick to it in any form. The high-quality steel, along with the heavy bottom makes sure that no dish being cooked will stick to it at all.
- Step 1: Set the kadhai onto the stove and light it. Add some oil immediately to make sure the oil warms up.
- Step 2: Add Jeera Seeds, mustard seeds, curry leaves, and the red chilies to the kadhai. Let the mixture pop and spark for some time before proceeding with the next step.
- Step 3: Now add a generous amount of turmeric (haldi), and coriander powder (dhaniya powder), and then add boiled and peeled potatoes to the kadhai. Once added mix it thoroughly until it is evenly mixed. Once the Potatoes have mixed and settled, add salt to the dish. Once again mix it thoroughly to even the salt.
- Step 4: Add green chilies and grated ginger to the kadhai. Mix it well and evenly.
- Step 5: Finally, add dry mango powder (amchur powder) to the kadhai and mix the recipe one last time. Once mixed, let it fry for a minute before serving it.
Watch the video above to get a step-by-step making of this dish from Mrs. Sapna.