Healthy Chickpea Tikka Masala recipe is an easy dinner to whip up when the Indian food cravings hit!😋
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 small onion
- 3 medium tomatoes cut in quarters
- 9-10 garlic whole cloves
- 1/2″ ginger peeled and cut into 2-3 pieces
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1 tsp turmeric powd
- 1 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp tandoori masala
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 cup boiled chickpea
Method for Tikka Masala Gravy :
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a casserole. Add whole garlic cloves, ginger, and onion. Cook the onion until translucent for 2-3 min.
- Then add tomatoes and almonds. Cook them until tomato softens and gives sauce-like consistency for about 4-5 min.
- Now add cumin powder and coriander powder. Mix well and transfer this mixture to the blender jar, add 1 cup water and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Heat remaining oil in the frying pan on low heat. Add chili powder and cook it slightly until fragrant.
- Add blended tomato mixture and bring it to boil.
- Now add tandoori masala and salt to taste. Mix well and simmer (cover with lid) on low heat for 5 min.
- Finally, add boiled chickpeas, garnish with cilantro and serve warm.