Inspired by top Instagram celebs, we have all tried multiple ways to be the next pretty girl in town. However, fancy cosmetics and regular parlour visits usually result in burning a hole in your pocket. Although it is true that ‘Beauty is skin deep’, it is natural to wish for a glowing skin along with a beautiful heart. Why worry, when the solution is right under your nose in your very own kitchen? Here is a list of homemade face packs for a natural glowing skin tone.
The angelic look
Papaya is fondly referred to as ‘Angel fruit’ and is one of the best ingredients for naturally glowing skin. One pulpy papaya is all that you require for rejuvenating your skin. It also helps in deep cleansing and hydrating. The papin in papaya reduces blemishes and acne. Read on to know how you can make your papaya face mask at home.
- Take a big ripened papaya and slice them into pieces. You can use a slicer for quicker results.
- Use a blender and make it into a papaya puree.
- To this, add a few tablespoons of milk. It is advisable to avoid milk if you are allergic to dairy products.
- Add a tablespoon of honey and mix it well.
- Apply the paste and wash it with water after 30 minutes.
Get ready instantly for a party!
What’s in a Berry?
Berries not just add beauty to a cake but does to you too! Berries are rich in antioxidants and are great to get rid of a tan. You can prepare a DIY face pack using a handful of berries to replenish your skin. Learn how to use a bunch of fresh berries for healthy glowing skin.
- Take a few berries and mash them into a fine paste.
- Add required amounts of curd to it.
- Add crushed almonds to the above mixture.
- Apply it on your face and rinse after 10-15 minutes.
You can try this twice a week.
You’re the next beauty queen!
Beat the heat
Looking to escape the summer tan? Then, do not veto the potato. This much loved vegetable is a powerful tan remover than brings backs your skin colour effortlessly. It is packed with starch and Vitamin C. All that you have to so is to:
- Prepare the potato mash or juice.
- You can use a juicer to make your work easy.
- Add equal quantities of lemon juice to it.
- You can either add a cup of milk/yoghurt or a tablespoon of honey.
- Apply it on your face and rinse it after 15 minutes.
Your skin is now well-nourished and moisturized!
Keep calm and cool off
Cucumber is a secret ingredient to keep yourself cool. It is highly recommended to keep your body temperature under check. However, it has more to contribute than that! Cucumber helps in maintaining the PH of your skin thereby causing natural glowing skin and soothing effect. Take note of preparation tips for DIY face mask using super chill cucumbers.
- Shred/slice the cucumber into small pieces.
- Add one tablespoon of honey and mix thoroughly.
- You can also add curd to the mixture. However, this is optional.
- Apply the thick paste on your face and leave it undisturbed for 20 minutes.
- Wash your face with cold water.
It’s time to rejuvenate, relax and refresh!
Why choose a spa if you have your favourite fruit at your rescue? Banana is rich in vitamins and fibre and is a healthy snack. But remember, you can also make a DIY face pack using bananas. Here is the method to prepare a homemade face pack on your own:
- Mash a big banana into a fine paste.
- Add a tablespoon of honey and coconut oil to the mashed banana.
- Blend the mixture well
- Apply on your face and rinse with water after 15 minutes.
Your magic potion for a natural glowing skin is all set!
It is true to say that beauty reflects your personality and internal beliefs. It all starts from having healthy and glowing skin. The secret to beautiful, smooth and ever-glowing skin is right next to you. Your favourite kitchen ingredients are powerful tools for nourishing your body with prime nutrients. They are also handy tools to attain that perfect skin tone. Check out Wonderchef kitchen products for making your DIY face pack with simple items from your kitchen.