Is your skin looking a little dull and lifeless? If so, you’re not alone. With all the stress of daily life, it’s no wonder our skin isn’t always looking its best. Fortunately, there are some simple DIY face pack ideas you can try at home to help give your skin a natural glow. From using turmeric to make a brightening face pack to using banana and honey for a hydrating pack, there are plenty of recipes to try. In this blog post, we’ll share 5 simple DIY face pack ideas for naturally glowing skin. So if you’re ready to get your glow on, read on!
Benefits of Home-Made Packs
There are many benefits to using homemade facial packs, as opposed to store-bought products.
- Affordable – Homemade packs are affordable as compared to the store-bought face packs. Additionally, you have complete control over the ingredients that go into your pack, so you can tailor it to your specific skin type.
- Gentle And Natural – Homemade packs also tend to be more gentle on the skin than their commercial counterparts. This is because they don’t contain any harsh chemicals or artificial fragrances. If you have sensitive skin, a homemade pack may be a better option for you.
- Perfect Skin Care – using a homemade facial pack is a great way to get in some extra self-care. Taking the time to mix up and apply a pack can be calming and soothing, and it can give you a moment to relax and pamper yourself.
DIY Face Packs
1. The angelic look
Papaya is fondly referred to as ‘Angel fruit’ and is one of the best ingredients for naturally glowing skin. One pulpy papaya is all that you require to rejuvenate your skin. It also helps in deep cleansing and hydrating. The papain in papaya reduces blemishes and acne. Read on to learn how to make your papaya face mask at home.
- Take a big ripened papaya and slice them into pieces. You can use a slicer for quicker results.
- Use a blender and make it into a papaya puree.
- To this, add a few tablespoons of milk. It is advisable to avoid milk if you are allergic to dairy products.
- Add a tablespoon of honey and mix it well.
- Apply the paste and wash it with water after 30 minutes.
Get ready instantly for a party!
2. What’s in a Berry?
Berries not just add beauty to a cake but do to you too! Berries are rich in antioxidants and are great for getting rid of a tan. You can prepare a DIY face pack using a handful of berries to replenish your skin. Learn how to use a bunch of fresh berries for healthy glowing skin.
- Take a few berries and mash them into a fine paste.
- Add the required amounts of curd to it.
- Add crushed almonds to the above mixture.
- Apply it on your face and rinse after 10-15 minutes.
You can try this twice a week.
3. Beat the heat
Looking to escape the summer tan? Then, do not veto the potato. This much-loved vegetable is a powerful tan remover than brings back your skin colour effortlessly. It is packed with starch and Vitamin C. All that you have to so is to:
- Prepare the potato mash or juice.
- You can use a juicer to make your work easy.
- Add equal quantities of lemon juice to it.
- You can either add a cup of milk/yoghurt or a tablespoon of honey.
- Apply it on your face and rinse it after 15 minutes.
Your skin is now well-nourished and moisturized!
4. Keep calm and cool off
Cucumber is a secret ingredient to keep yourself cool. It is highly recommended to keep your body temperature under check. However, it has more to contribute than that! Cucumber helps in maintain the PH of your skin thereby causing natural glowing skin and a soothing effect. Take note of preparation tips for DIY face masks using super chill cucumbers.
- Shred/slice the cucumber into small pieces.
- Add one tablespoon of honey and mix thoroughly.
- You can also add curd to the mixture. However, this is optional.
- Apply the thick paste on your face and leave it undisturbed for 20 minutes.
- Wash your face with cold water.
It’s time to rejuvenate, relax and refresh!
5. Go bananas!
Why choose a spa if you have your favourite fruit at your rescue? Banana is rich in vitamins and fibre and is a healthy snack. But remember, you can also make a DIY face pack using bananas. Here is the method to prepare a homemade face pack on your own:
- Mash a big banana into a fine paste.
- Add a tablespoon of honey and coconut oil to the mashed banana.
- Blend the mixture well
- Apply on your face and rinse with water after 15 minutes.
Your magic potion for naturally glowing skin is all set!
We hope that these 5 simple DIY face pack ideas have given you some inspiration for how to get naturally glowing skin. Whether you use one of these recipes or come up with your own, remember to be gentle with your skin and to always test a small area before using anything new on your whole face.